MINA REAL MEZCAL
Mina Real is an ecologically sustainable mezcal made with agave slowly cooked in a brick kiln without the consumption of firewood. Our steaming method highlights the plants' bright floral bouquet without burning an industry average of 3.5 lbs of firewood per liter produced. Utilizing a combination of both modern and historical technique, the agave honeys for Mina Real are fermented intact with their crushed agave piña fibers, followed by a double distillation in pot stills for pronounced earthiness and character.
- Master Distiller: Germaín Arellanes Santos
- Approx. 26 Bx Sugars from Angustofolia Haw Espadín Agave grown at 4,800' in municipio of Sta. Catarina Minas, Oaxaca
- Halved & quartered (cogollo removed) agave steam roasted without pressure in cantera limestone kiln oven
- 30hr roast including 6hr pre roast to melt off bitters and 6hr cool down
- Cooked agave macerated with proprietary blade spindle destrozadora shredder
- Fermented with together with bagazo, in 1,400L pine wood vats using airborne yeast strains
- Double distilled in wood fired 60L ceramic pot stills to approx. 53% ABV and reduced with reverse osmosis demineralized water
- No aging, bottled at 46% ABV
For more information, including Distributors and Retailers, please visit the Haas Brothers website.